1/9/13

Twin Thoughts

As I was perusing Facebook this morning I came across this blog post on twins where one has down syndrome.  It touched my heart because I have had so many similar thoughts and fears.  I fear that my boys have been cheated of their twin experience because of Bunny's extra chromosome and I fear for what their relationship will be like in the future.

They must have sensed my sadness because they pulled out some seriously cute twin love today.



There is no question in my mind that they love each other.  Buddy is especially sensitive towards brother and always ask for him when he doesn't see him.  My hope is that as Bunny gets stronger and more active that these two will be the dynamic duo.

Yes, I realize I should be careful what I wish for...


I know that my job is to help foster their relationship and be sensitive to each boy's needs.  I want them to always be close.  I want Buddy to be protective of Bunny but I never want him to feel burdened by him.  I want Bunny to just be his brother.  The brother that he teases and wrestles and gets into mischief with.  I want them to always have each others back. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds as they get older.

At the moment I think we are right on track.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! and they look like so much fun! I'd love to be there to give them a squeeze!
    love, Aunt Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys are adorable. As they grow so will their bond...They're twins, they were simply meant for each other :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!