1/8/13

Practical Gifts

At Christmas I like to give practical gifts.  The girls usually get a jacket, books, some uniform pieces and then a few things they want.  We don't need any more toys around here that's for sure!


I put a lot of thought into Bunny's gifts this year.  The table above was his main present and the brain child of his PT and myself.  It's a smaller train table that we added holed board (I have no idea the real name) and then zip tied toys on.  I picked a train table because it needed sides for Bunny to pull to a stand. 



This table happens to be the perfect height for him.  I also wanted to be able to use the table for other things once he no longer needs it like this which is why we added the extra board.  The zip ties are so he can't pull the toy off the table...he has to stand there and play with it. 


Bunny loves the table.  He is a little scared to stand by himself.  He does pull into a high kneel at the side so that is progress!  He will also perform if I sit behind him which makes me realize he is just unsure of himself.  My boy needs confidence in his standing.  Hopefully the orthotics will help with that.  They should be here soon.


Buddy likes to be involved in all therapy.  This picture just melts my heart.  Buddy just adores his brother.


It's a good thing these beads are just zip tied because I may have to change them out soon.  Once Bunny realized he could play with the beads without standing he was a happy boy.  That completely defeats the purpose of my table.  He sure was entertaining himself and his brother!

Thinking about it......


but his feet are unsure.  He'll get there....I know.

4 comments:

  1. I love these pictures! You're such a good mama, Shar! Those kidlets, all four of them, are so blessed to have you!
    love, Aunt Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days it felt like it would be forever before Kamdyn got there, but she did. Your little guy will too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your continued encouragement! It means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He will get there! I really think the orthotics will help.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!