10/15/12

The Patch

There are quite a few decent size pumpkin patches in our area, including one that is seriously circus like in its monstrosity (We went there last year and most years before that).  This year I wanted things to be peaceful and easy.  I didn't want to fight crowds and spend $100 to pick out a pumpkin.  I wanted the kids to wander around the patch and have a good time while I snapped away.

There is a smaller patch a few more miles away so I convinced Daddy we should go there instead.  I took the girls there by myself the year I was pregnant with the boys and we had a great time.  He agreed and we loaded up and off we went.  I was giddy as we drove down the lane to the patch and I noticed that the sunflowers were even denser this year.  Oh the photo ops!!  And then we turned the corner......and saw the crowds.

Apparently, this patch is now trying to compete with the other one.  So along with the train ride (which was a must since Buddy is currently obsessed), they had added a petting zoo, hayrides and pony rides.  Of course, the crowds came along with the new attractions.  Not the peaceful day I was imagining.



The girls helped the boys pick out pumpkins.  Bunny tried to eat his and then when it didn't taste good he discarded it.  Buddy carried his around for awhile then decided to upgrade to a bigger pumpkin. 

Of course the train caught his eye immediately.  It is a pretty pathetic train but it's cute and Buddy doesn't know the difference yet.  He just knows it's a "choo choo"


We walked around and looked at all the crazy pumpkins.  I tried to convince Boogie to pick an ugly pumpkin but she wasn't having it.  I think the blue pumpkins are pretty cool personally.


This was our attempt at a family shot.  We even walked to the far end of the patch so that I would have a pretty backdrop and the sun wouldn't get in their eyes.  Boogie was pouting and hiding and no one else was looking.  This is the only shot where Buddy is even sitting down.  And for a walk down memory lane...


Look at how bald Buddy is!! 

I told Boogie if I didn't get a good shot she wasn't going to the petting zoo.  Voila!!  How cute is that picture?  Oh and just to add some fun my lens was apparently dirty (probably from one of my loving sons swiping at it when I got too close) so there are weird streaks in my pictures.  Grrrrr

Wow!  Another great shot.  Amazing how a little motivation gets a good picture.  If only I could convince the boys.

The rarely seen teeth!

I got my pictures so they each got to pick one thing to do.  Baby wanted to ride the pony.


Boogie picked the "petting zoo" and got her money's worth!  We had to drag her out.


Petting zoo owners:  What is with the turkeys!!  What kid in their right mind would pet that??
Buddy of course picked the choo choo.  Daddy took the cutest video of him on the train.  If I can get him to upload it I will post it.  I am camera girl and Daddy is video guy.  He loves videos.

I may have taken him too.  I am a sucker for my boys.


Bunny didn't go on the train because he was perfectly content and the only way to take both boys was for us all to go and that was not happening.  He watched Baby ride the pony and watched a chicken try to eat his pumpkin from the gate and then played in the hay some more.  He was the best behaved by far.

Another attempt....why do I bother?

As we were leaving and I was sweating from the stress of wrangling the kids in the crowds and listening to whining I told Daddy, "Well that wasn't very fun for us but the kids will look back on it as a good memory because they had fun so that's what counts" 

Secretly I am plotting to take the boys to another patch as soon as we get another pleasant day (it's supposed to be in the 80s-90s this week).  I have not given up on my dream for decent pictures of the boys with their pumpkins. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't get over the sunshine at the pumpkin patch!!! LOL...And you guys are wearing SHORTS...WE have to wear mud boots and hoodies :-) I secretly love it though because it's perfect apple cider weather. I can't believe how big the boys are getting...Looks like the funnest day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun for the kids. ha. And it was HOT! I am jealous of your hoodies!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!