9/5/12

Petting Zoo Fun

I spend so much time at home during the week that sometimes on the weekends I feel like I might go crazy if we stay home one second longer.  On Saturday, I suggested we got to the amusement park for a few hours before it closed.  As we were walking in I saw that they have a petting zoo right now but the cost was $5 a child and I honestly figured it was another way to waste money.

As the girls were riding their last ride I rolled the boys over to the "zoo" to check it out.  It was huge and there was a nice variety of animals and there were baby goats. I apparently cannot resist the baby goat. (Truth be told I just can't resist babies in general)  I told the girls we could come back another day.   I am pretty sure that promise was made for my benefit.  I am an animal lover..what can I say?


Monday was a HOT day but we got to the zoo right when it opened and we were the first customers.  The girls and I had free reign of the animals.  I emptied out all my quarters and the girls went to find the animals to feed.


 The goats were friendly but not crazy aggressive for the most part.  I think it helped that they had the cute little scarves.  A well accessorized goat is hard to resist.  A few petting zoos we have been to have one super aggressive goat that attacks the children and eats ALL the food.  I didn't see any of that.

As Baby started to run out of food she was quite selective about which goats she would feed and she carefully divied up the bounty between them.

Remind you of anyone?  I'm telling you that it wasn't just me...we were all obsessed with the baby goats.


The boys had to stay outside the gate and once Daddy and I switched places look where I found him.  Baby goat.  The girls are in the picture with him but I swear it was just him and the baby goat for a good twenty minutes.  I told Daddy awhile back that I wanted a pet goat and he said I was insane.  I might be able to talk him into it now.

The peacock was not impressed with baby goat.  They had a little face off.

Is there a "Petting Zoo Catalog" out there?  Because I think I have their next model

The bunnies were very popular with Boogie.  She spent most of her time in the bunny cage picking up each and every bunny and giving it some love.  She told me later she liked it over there because the farm people were teaching her all about bunnies.  I think someone needs a pet bunny.

Baby and I wandered around.  She wanted to meet each and every animal.



As Baby was lovingly petting the pig she was chanting "I LOVE to eat pig!"  I was dying.  But good for her if she can see that ugly thing with its nose in the mud and think "yummy!".  I have to admit I took the bacon off of my burger at lunch!

Best picture ever

Is it just me or was this guy the inspiration for Jar Jar Binks?

Oh look at the ugly turkey.  You can't tell but it was in the corner by itself and no child was going NEAR it.  Petting zoo FAIL! 

Buddy took pity on the ugly thing and pretended to be interested.


The boys stayed outside the gates because they wanted $5 for them too and honestly I figured that they were going nowhere near the animals so I decided to just have them hang out.  I think Buddy was quite happy that there was a fence between him and the animals.

There was also a train that passed by every few minutes and Buddy is currently obsessed with trains so he was a happy kid!  (The train is in the far right)

Buddy is a total Daddy's boy and even if there wasn't a train he would have been happy just because Daddy was there.


Bunny had his beads and his mommy so he was happy.

The girls stayed for 2 hours and would have stayed even longer but it was just getting way too hot and too close to naptime.  We did have to make one more stop.

I have been wanting to put Buddy in these cars all summer but was afraid he would freak out.  I decided we should just let him go for it.  Daddy was so excited he tried to sneak off and take him while we were with with the animals but I begged and pleaded for him to wait.

 The first ride he was VERY serious.  He wasn't scared but he wasn't sure exactly what was going on.  Baby volunteered to ride with him for the second ride so he would have more fun.

 He was ALL smiles during the second ride.  I think having big sister there helped.



I was going to let Bunny try too (he would have probably liked it more than Buddy) but there was a big sign that sign "No recent surgeries".  I realize they probably mean heart surgeries but because of where his incision is I decided to wait a few more weeks.  I have had enough of doctors and hospitals for awhile!

The second ride was a little less successful but I think after it started going Buddy was a little happier.

It's amazing how much fun you can pack into 3 hours.  The girls have asked if we can go back every weekend.  I definitely think we need to go visit the baby goats a few more times! 

1 comment:

  1. Ben went through a beads stage too! Right now he loves trucks. Our life is just the opposite. We are on the go so much that on the weekends we just want to stay home:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!