9/11/12

18 Months!

I feel like I have been saying the boys are almost 18 months for so long and I almost forgot today was the day!  I was watching them play today thinking it is going WAY to fast.  I really feel like it has been such a blur.  I still think of these guys as babies but they aren't!  

I thought for their half birthday I should give them each a little blurb about whose these little guys are becoming.

Bunny is just a happy guy.  I know it's a stereotype but it's true for him.  He is easily entertained and he's usually the guy I will take with me on errands if Daddy wants me to take a kid.  He still has a hard time with gross motor but he definitely rocks social and has done fairly well in fine motor as well.  Bunny LOVES music and will stop dead in his tracks and turn toward the source of the music.  He has this new "surprised face" that he does that is hilarious.  Brother can't even do it.  I figure because he can't do a lot of the gross motor things that brother can do he has learned to fine tune his facial expressions.  He also has a "you are an idiot" expression and "I am leery of you" look.

He will spend hours in front of the mirror.  He claps, talks, kisses himself.  He just started doing a side clap that I think is hilarious.

He has started to show his stubborn side and we have started the battle of wills over signing for more food or for milk.  He prefers to grunt at me. Fortunately, Daddy and I have LOTS of experience in dealing with stubbornness.

He is a sensitive guy.  He doesn't like for his brother or sisters to be upset.  He also loves to get our attention and make us smile.  He truly lives up to his name which means "Light"

For the time being he is on "Team mom"




Buddy is definitely running into the little boy territory.  He really does run.  In fact I taught him to run in place and it is hilarious.  He also loves music and loves to dance.  Or turn in circles and fall on his face.  Then finish crying and start spinning again.  He seems to be quite tough.  He has learned to say "ow" and get a kiss from mommy.  So he does it over and over and cracks up.

My guess is that Buddy will be the family clown.  He spends Bunny's therapy time doing funny things to get the attention of the therapist.  He likes to make sure we all remember he is there and he usually does it by doing something funny.  He loves to laugh.  At naptime I hear Bunny cracking up on the monitor and I look and Buddy is shaking his head to make him crack up.  I have it on video and will have to post it when I upload it.

Buddy is also very sweet.  He loves to snuggle baby dolls and puts blankets on them to put the night night.  I was always a sucker for tough guys with a big heart.

I thought that boys talked later.  Buddy blows that theory out of the water.  He talks all day and says new words all the time.  He is also learning sign with brother so he signs and says the word which I love because brother sees it all the time.  Of course his favorite word is "No".  Actually, it might be a tie between "no" and "Pa".

Buddy is definitely "Team Dad"


One thing that does make me a little sad these days is that as the boys get older they look less and less like twins.  People ask me how old how old one of them is and when I point out the other one and says they are twins they get a confused look or a shocked look on their face.  Buddy is just a lot bigger.  I also tend to carry Bunny in the Boba more often than Buddy only because Buddy is very strong and I don't want him that close to my hair with no way to get away!  I'm not sure why it makes me sad but it does.  At least we know they are twins.  And THEY know they are twins.

Happy 18 months buddies!

1 comment:

  1. Happy half birthday to your boys! We have lots of experience with stubbornness too:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!