4/15/12

This Weeks Recipes Tried

I have to say that I am pretty darn proud of myself.  The only chips, crackers or processed snacks in the pantry are my blue corn chips.  I don't think I can give them up so they make their way into their designated pantry home each week.  Once I have the kids on a roll I will have to try harder to find a replacement for my beloved chips.

We are finding some favorites in the snack recipes.

No Bake Granola Bars - These have been a godsend.  As I've mentioned before, there is a severe nut allergy in Boogie's class so she can't bring peanut butter to school and most recipes have peanut butter.  I tried to substitute with sunflower butter but she doesn't like the sunflower butter all that much.  I made the bars with dried cranberries, coconut, and choc chips the first time.  The same the second time with the addition of chia seeds (which Boogie witnessed so she wouldn't touch them.  GRRRR.  You CAN"T taste them!)  Tonight I asked Baby how I could get her to eat them because she does not like dried cranberries and she said dried apricots would be good so I chopped some of those up and threw them in there.  I hardly add any choc chips..just enough to make them think they are getting away with something. 

Raw Real Food Cookies - This were as much for me as the kids.  They are like an energy ball.  And super easy to grab a few and eat while I am chasing kids.  Boogie and Baby both love them.  I made the oatmeal peanut butter ones because I think walnuts taste like poison.  I am going to try to make them peanut butter free for Boogie's lunch.

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Squares - Just popped these in the oven for tomorrow's breakfast. I outlawed cereal a long time ago so breakfast can be tricky.  Usually I do a big batch of pancakes and freeze them but the girls are sick of pancakes so I thought these squares would be a nice change.  Boogie swears she won't eat them because of the banana but they smell heavenly so we'll see

Fruit Roll Ups - I mentioned these last time but I found a fruit both girls love.  Mango!  In fact, Boogie's little friend at school that makes fun of her weird lunches asked Boogie to bring an extra with her.  Of course I sent an extra.  We are going to try peaches next.

This week I am looking for carrot recipes because we just bought the enormous organic bag at Costco.  I have carrots coming out of my ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!