4/14/12

Family Walk


I was laying on my bed being lazy with Boogie this afternoon when I looked out the window and thought "Why are we wasting this afternoon?"  Remembering that the boy's double wagon was freshly put together I decided we needed to take a family walk.


I was worried that Bunny would be uncomfortable because although he sits now it is an emerging skill and that's a long time to sit without much support so we modified his cab to make it a little more comfortable for him.  He was happy as a clam.


I've never used a Boppy pillow for breastfeeding but it sure has come in handy for a million other things!


Someone was feeling sassy.


We have an awesome little escape to nature area right behind out house and I LOVE to walk over there and get recharged.  The girls always beg to go down by the creek and the boys were mesmerized by the glistening water.


I was so worried they were going to slip on the muddy bank and fall in that I had to have Daddy take over girl watch.  They entertained themselves by throwing sticks in the water and watching them float away.


I was actually surprised that the boys were so patient while the girls played at the water.  Buddy got a little stir crazy but he entertained himself by terrorizing the plants nearby.


While we walk I usually point out birds or little creatures or cool flowers (taking after my dad on that one).  Boogie and I had just had a conversation about how Poppies are the state flower and you are not allowed to pick them.  So naturally when I saw some poppies I pointed them out to the girls.  Boogie went closer and I reminded her "We just look at poppies but we can't pick them"

Baby walked over to get a look and I also reminded her "We just look but we can't pick".  Daddy and I were still walking when we heard "I PICKED A POPPY YOU CAN PICK THEM!  LOOK I PICKED A POPPY!"

You should have seen the horrified look on Boogie's face.  Apparently Baby thought I meant that you physically can't pick them.  So she had to try.


Oh Baby....



Will you look at that view??  I love where we live.  This is a view that is a 10 minute walk from my house.

And some nature pictures because I can't help myself.  We always teased my dad growing up because he was obsessed with talking pictures of flowers.  Apparently my obsession is ominous spiky weeds.

What a perfect Saturday afternoon!


2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Your mother in love, Mary, sent me to your website. I have a little guy named Adam who also has Down's. She said she had mentioned him to you. Both your boys are absolutely adorable! Your girls are gorgeous too! All of them have such personalities--you do a fantastic job of capturing them on camera. I know how hard it can be some days with children in general, but especially when your child faces challenges. I love reading your blog and am amazed at your patience and ability to deal with so much. Keep up the good work!!! krystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krystal! Thank you for the sweet comment! How old is your son?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!