1/23/12

Well That was Fun!

You know what I don't have?  My computer.  It's very sad because I have so many videos and pictures to share.  I'm hoping this week.  My boss is fixing it out of the kindness of his heart so I am truly very grateful and appreciative but I NEED my computer!

You know what I do have?  My sense of humor. So in the meantime I will try to entertain you with my charming wit instead of pictures of my crazy adorable children.

The stomach flu took us DOWN.  Right after my last post in fact.  Daddy and I do not get the stomach flu.  I can count on one hand the amount of times I have thrown up in my life.  It got me.  I have done more laundry and disinfecting in the last 2 weeks than I normally do in a month!  It was truly terrible. 

The girls finally went back to school Wednesday but the boys were still off.  Buddy couldn't keep down anything but breast milk,  applesauce and rice cereal.  Bunny surprisingly fared better than all of us.  He was definitely not feeling great but he only threw up 2 random times instead of the standard 10 million.  Of course both of those times were right on me.

On Thursday I was hopeful.  The girls looked good.  They were back to their spunky selves with just a lingering cough.  Buddy seemed fine so I gave him his normal breakfast of applesauce and quinoia cereal.  He looked a little green around the gills after but then he played and seemed okay so I took the boys up for their nap.  I laid the boys down and then picked Buddy back up because he was crying and seemed in pain.

He started to make the sounds so I held him over his trash can.  A few seconds and nothing happened so trying to be as efficient as possible I decided I should carry him to my bathroom so if he did throw up I could hold him over the toilet.  I started a quick walk and suddenly all hell broke loose.

While I was holding him, Buddy started throwing up.  I squawked and tried to move faster to get him in the bathroom.  I did not account for the fact that he was throwing up in front of us and started slipping and sliding through the barf.  The door jam was right in front of us and I was so scared I was going to hit Buddy's head or drop him!  But no...thankfully I just fell smack dab into the barf.  I sat there for a minute wondering what the heck just happened and then started laughing......who does that happen to????  By the time I called Daddy to tell him I was laughing so hard I could barely get out my story.  I have never been more thankful for my very strong stomach.  I think if that had happened to Daddy he would have lost it.

Friday Baby barfed because she coughed so hard (a fluke but still....) Saturday Bunny barfed and I think it was just because he drank too much milk when he first woke up.  He used to do this about every other week until I figured out I had to pace him.  I was so exhausted from the weeks events I just wasn't paying attention.  Just to be safe we stayed home.

I am happy to announce that today was our first barf free day in over one week.  I seriously feel like a new woman.  Not only have I not had to clean up bodily fluids but I was able to get to chores!!  All the heaps of clutter that have been piling up are GONE!  The laundry room is not taunting me with it's mountains of clothes.  The pile of Christmas tree needles that I never got to sweep up completely is a distant memory.  All of Boogie's make up homework is completed (thanks to Grandma!) and even the fridge is spic and span. 

My family rarely gets sick so I often take our health for granted.  Not any more!  I am going to be thankful for every healthy day from now on and hope that it will be another 5 years (if ever) before something like that hits us again! 

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you're all better! Looking forward to you getting your computer so we can see pics and videos!
    love, Aunt Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crossing my fingers you get your computer back soon!!! Miss seeing pictures of the babes!!! SO glad your all better, you deserve a vacation after that!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!