8/19/11

My Life as a Comedy

A shower is a precious commodity to this mama.  The stars have to align just right each day in order for me to feel that it is safe enough for me to leave all 4 children unsupervised for 10 minutes.

This morning Buddy was sleeping, Boogie was cleaning the playroom, Baby was cleaning her room and Bunny was strapped in a chair in my room.  I thought this was my chance.

I was about to soap up my body when the unthinkable happened.  I heard the shrill alert of the home alarm.  Which meant it needed to be turned off quickly or a police man would be knocking on my door and Buddy would be awake.  Oh and a robber might be running off with my children or my tv.

So what did I do?  I jumped out of the shower soaking wet and ran down the slippery stairs to turn off the alarm and find the culprit.  Boogie sheepishly found me naked and dripping and possibly cursing in the alarm room and said she had been trying to go outside to do Baby's chore for her.  How could I be mad?

I reassured her no harm was done as I wiped up the water on the stairs and then found my phone so when the alarm people called  I could tell them there was no emergency.I'm just thankful I was not yet soaped up!

Single and childless people.....savor those long interrupted showers!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny! I do look back and think how spoiled I was to do simple things like take a relaxing long shower without having to peek out every 30 seconds!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!